It's spring again, Everybody know it's spring again, To the girls and boys and people above, This is the time to fall in love - Biz Markie
Its Spring again in North Myrtle Beach! Spring is one of the most wonderful times in our beautiful region for many reasons: Beautiful weather, a gorgeous variety of blooming flowers, fun festivals, and an excitement in the air that touches everything!
While spring is a big deal for just about everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, it hits differently at the beach. Theres a profound magnetism that starts pulling folks from their cold, dreary weather directly after the holidays to the land of surf, sand, and sun. This tractor beam of joy reaches its apex when the azaleas, dogwoods, and cherry trees start to show off their majesty and birds begin their melodies of promise and delight. Spring at the beach just feels right.
Visiting North Myrtle Beach in the Spring has been a tradition since well before the founding of the town in 1968. Families, young folks on Spring Break, and sportsmen have helped make NMB a Mecca of relaxation, fun, and mental well-being. Winter months can be brutal in some places and vacationing slows down January & February on the East Coast and Midwest. When it starts to warm up on the coast, folks are more than ready to book their vacation, load up the car, and embark on their much-needed pilgrimage to the Grand Strand. Its one of the most perfect times to visit. Theres Spring/Easter break for the kids, golf courses are at their most beautiful and manicured, and that salt air will make your stressors whisk away like opening a pool float valve stem - whooooosh...
Youll find plenty to keep you busy in Springtime, in-between digging your toes in the sand and revitalizing afternoon naps, such as: Fun events like car shows, Pelicans Baseball, live music, restaurant specials, The S.O.S Spring Safari, and awesome shopping at Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing. If fishing is your thing, youre in for a treat in May as many species migrate north and youre sure to catch an Instagram-worthy trophy (be sure to hold the fish close to the camera!).
If youre in need of a recharge, stress relieving getaway, or just looking for some fun - you cant go wrong visiting North Myrtle Beach in the Spring. 2022 is going to be one of the best as everything is back to wonderful normalcy! You better book NOW if you are looking to secure your spot, but dont worry - weve got you covered. Its Spring again!
Some interesting facts about Spring:
- The daily high temperatures increase from 67 degrees to 75 degrees, rarely falling below 58.
- Blue crabs start their molting process, flounder begin moving out of the ocean into the inlets and beaches, sea trout also move into shallower water to chase baitfish, and bluefish and Spanish mackerel can be caught from piers.
- The SOS (Society of Stranders) start shagging the night away on Main St. beginning April 21st and ending on May 1st.
- The zodiac signs for Spring are: Aries, Taurus, and Gemini.
- Spring Fever is a real thing! Rising temperatures cause a dilation of the blood vessels so blood can be carried to the body surface where heat can be lost quickly. This makes people feel more energetic and positive.
- Lots of animals are active in the Springtime on the Grand Strand and many have babies during this time.
- Romans believed that the goddess Flora was the goddess of Spring.
- April showers really do bring May flowers!
- Smells are stronger in the Spring! There are lots of new scents in the air from flowers, cut grass, food from outdoor dining, sunblock, and salt air. The extra moisture in the air keeps scents longer and makes it easier for us to smell them!
Jason Coker is originally from the metropolis of Burlington, NC and is passionate about vacation experiences. An aficionado of music, sports, and all things geeky, Jason spends his free time performing music in several brass groups in the Myrtle Beach area, grilling out, and relaxing with his son, daughter, and lovely wife, Amy.